Geothermal Heating and Cooling Installation in Harrisburg, PA
Geothermal Heat Pumps (GHPs) use the Earth’s constant temperature to exchange cold or warmth for year-round comfort. Underground pipes are installed to transfer liquid from hot to cold in the summer and cold to hot in the winter. These systems are undoubtedly the most efficient heating or cooling option we provide for your home and will offer long-term savings. They are long-lasting, provide immediate and long-term energy savings, environmentally friendly and run very quietly.
Benefits of Geothermal Systems
Geothermal systems provide efficient heating and cooling and overall energy savings. There are many benefits, including:
- Extremely efficient – EPA estimates savings of up to 70% on heating and up to 50% on cooling. On many units, your hot water is also generated by the system
- Enhanced comfort – Precise air distribution all year round
- Quiet operation – No outdoor unit
- Environmentally friendly – Zero greenhouse gases emitted
- Clean and safe – There is no combustion, so there is zero carbon monoxide emitted
- Reliable and long–lasting – The indoor unit has a long lifespan and the ground loops can last a lifetime
- A large lot is not necessary for geothermal
- Older homes can be retrofitted with geothermal
- Can be used in any climate
Geothermal Energy in Your Central PA Home
If you want to upgrade your existing HVAC system or you’re moving to a new home, you may consider a geothermal heat pump system.The main two designs include closed-loop and open-loop systems. Most GHPs in the U.S. use a closed-loop design. Not only do they supply incredibly efficient heating and cooling, but they can also provide some hot water.
When you choose to invest in geothermal energy, you’re making a long-term investment. Although installation costs are a little higher, GHPs have long lifespans and will provide significant energy savings. You can also integrate your geothermal heat pumps with other systems such as traditional forced-air or radiant floor heating.
Our team will work with you to identify how to install a geothermal system and all the benefits you’ll receive from using this efficient heating option. Then we can install a geothermal heating and cooling system per your specifications and run through how much money you will save each year.
Click here for a free estimate on a Geothermal Heating and Cooling system or call us at (717) 697-3528 or email email@example.com today to schedule a service or maintenance visit.