The Benefits of Geothermal Heating
Geothermal heating is one of the most eco-friendly ways to heat your home with electricity. While this technology has existed for decades, it’s only recently become more affordable and accessible to homeowners.
What Is Geothermal Heating?
Geothermal heating uses energy that comes from the temperature of the earth. This heating and cooling method operates through a looped system of liquid pipes that collects underground heat and transfers it with the air handler portion of the system in your home.
Since geothermal heating and cooling systems use the heat stored deep within the ground, homeowners don’t have to rely on fossil fuels or significant power sources. Geothermal heating offers an eco-friendly and economical approach.
The Advantages of Geothermal Heating
Geothermal heating is an excellent forced air system for many homes in our area. These heat pump systems offer a range of benefits, including:
- Lower energy usage: Geothermal systems can help you decrease your monthly utility bill compared to traditional heat pump systems.
- Savings: Since geothermal systems can be installed in new or existing homes, they’re a great way to reduce utility costs in homes that rely on electric heating and cooling.
- A long life span: The components that make up a geothermal system tend to last longer than traditional heat pumps. Some of this is due to the efficiency of the system and not needing to cycle on and off as frequently.
- Dependability: Geothermal systems use the energy from the earth’s temperature and are more capable of providing better heating in the winter than a traditional air to air heat pump. This peace of mind translates into higher property values for your home.
- Noise reduction: Since geothermal HVAC systems use the ground as a heat source, there is no need for an outdoor condensing unit, thus eliminating the outdoor noise. And with high-efficient motors in the air handler, the indoor noise is also very minimal.
Choose Zimmerman Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for Geothermal Heating Services
Ready to save money on your energy bills using a reliable, efficient and environmentally friendly heating system? Look no further than Zimmerman Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for geothermal heating and cooling system services!
We proudly provide geothermal heating services and installations to central PA homes. The systems we install are sure to be reliable and energy-efficient — and we guarantee our work with labor and parts warranties.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you save money on your energy bills and reach your goals with geothermal systems.