If you want to have the most comfortable home, humidity levels are just as important as temperature control. A house with proper humidity levels is a healthier space with greater value and increased energy efficiency. It’s vital to ensure your home’s air quality is as good as possible to prevent illness and maintain property values.
Zimmerman Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning is dedicated to making every home in Central Pennsylvania an oasis of comfort and breathability. If your humidity levels are out of control, it’s time to connect with the professionals and get the home you love back.
Do I Need a Dehumidifier?
For most homes, the ideal humidity level is between 30% and 50%. However, specific humidity levels can be challenging to gauge or aren’t sure what 50% humidity feels like. You can look out for several signs to determine whether your home is too humid, including:
- Musty smells: A musty odor can indicate a buildup of allergens, mold and mildew, which are often caused by damp air.
- Swollen wood: If you find it difficult to open windows or your floors feel uneven, the wood may have absorbed some of the excess moisture in the air.
- Wall damage: Paint or wallpaper peeling is a common sign of excess humidity.
- Too much air conditioning: If your air conditioner is running non-stop through the summer trying to keep up with the set temperature you could offset that need by dehumidifying the air. Often in the summer, we tend to over-cool our homes to remedy high humidity levels.
Why Choose Whole-Home Dehumidifier Installation?
Many people choose small, portable dehumidifiers to fix their humidity issues. However, humidity affects the entire home, and it’s usually best addressed with a whole-house dehumidifier. Installing a whole-home dehumidifier will result in:
- Better air quality: It will manage humidity levels to stop the growth of mold and mildew.
- Increased home longevity: Maintaining the right humidity levels increases the lifespan of your floors, walls and electronics.
- Increased energy efficiency: A dehumidifier will work with your air conditioning system so it uses less electricity, saving you money on your energy bills.
- No need to dump a bucket: A whole-house dehumidifier will connect to a drain or pump and drain itself. Any other maintenance is manageable with a yearly check from your HVAC servicer.
Choose Zimmerman for Your Dehumidifier Needs
If your home’s humidity levels are too high, contact Zimmerman Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning. We provide whole-home dehumidifier installation services all over Central Pennsylvania, in areas like Mechanicsburg, Harrisburg, Camp Hill and more.
Contact us today to learn more about our offerings and get a free quote for your home. Any service we provide comes with at least a one-year warranty and a 100% money-back guarantee.