While you may spend a lot of time and effort searching for an efficient, affordable HVAC system for your Central PA home, your choice of heating and AC installation contractor is equally important. Today’s HVAC systems are complex pieces of equipment that require the right experience and expertise to ensure the job is done right the first time — not all contractors provide the same details of work or support you deserve.
The benefits of proper heating or air conditioning installation include:
- No need for a “redo” – Too many homeowners face the unpleasant situation of having to call the contractor to come back and correct a problem caused by shoddy installation work. Or the new equipment alone did not correct the pre-existing condition. This creates additional headaches and could result in additional expense if the initial work is not under warranty coverage.
- Preventing ductwork issues – Many HVAC system issues result from incompatibility between the system and the ductwork that delivers the heated or cooled air throughout your home. Leaky ducts resulting from an incorrect installation can reduce heating and cooling capacity by up to 35%. Improper duct sizing can cause additional problems or systems to not work as expected.
- Meeting the manufacturer’s specifications – No two HVAC systems are alike, just like installations. Manufacturers require equipment to be installed to their specifications, and their refrigerant charges should be confirmed. This can also eliminate concerns about voiding the warranty.
- Fine-tuning your system – A vital component of the HVAC installation process is taking the time to “fine-tune” the system to ensure efficient operation. This means using new components that may affect a new systems life and spending more time on the fine details.
- Meeting your comfort requirements – A professional HVAC contractor will work closely with you to determine your family’s unique comfort needs — and ensure the design and configuration of your new system will meet and hopefully exceed your expectations.
- Maximizing your system’s lifespan – Many system performance issues can be traced to a poor initial installation. An incorrect installation will likely create the need for major system repairs at some point and can even shorten its lifespan.
- Lowering your long-term operating costs – When combined with regular routine maintenance, a professional installation will reduce your cost of ownership by ensuring more efficient system operation. You will save money on your energy bills and require fewer system repairs.
- Reducing noise – A new HVAC system that produces excessive noise is often a symptom of poor installation work. Just like an engine, a well-running heating/cooling system should not be overly noisy.
- Eliminating safety concerns – An improper installation can pose numerous safety hazards such as fire or carbon monoxide poisoning that can endanger your family. A reputable installation contractor will perform comprehensive testing to ensure the system meets all applicable safety requirements.
Choose a Certified Heating/AC Installation Contractor in Harrisburg, PA
Working with a company that is licensed, bonded, and insured is a no-brainer. But what about the technicians who will be in your home, they should be background checked, drug tested, and fully uniformed with name badges. Another great way to ensure the quality of your installation is by selecting a contractor staffed by North American Technician Excellence-certified technicians. NATE certification verifies that the techs meet the highest industry standards regarding HVAC system installation knowledge and experience. Combine that with ongoing in-house and manufacturer training and you can find a contractor who can provide superior service.
Contact Zimmerman Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for All Your Installation Needs
With more than 37 years of HVAC experience, you can trust Zimmerman Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for a expert HVAC system installation in the Harrisburg, Carlisle, and Mechanicsburg PA areas. Our professional, certified technicians will take the time to do the job right, and we back all our installations with a one-year performance guarantee.
Contact us for more information and a free HVAC installation estimate today.